Some people you should never mix family with business and money. And on its face, that makes sense.
But, when you look at some of the most successful businesses out there, a lot of them have more than one family member on board. And it’s for good reason.
This week, we look at the pros and cons of doing business with family. We’ll explore:
- The role family businesses play in the immigrant community
- How a family business can help make you a better parent
- What to do when business conflicts arise with family members
- Why siblings can bring out your best in a business
- The financial benefit of starting a family business
- One hidden danger to watch out for when doing business with family
- How sibling rivalry can give you a competitive edge in your business
- One simple trick to turning a family business into a geographic empire
- One hidden benefit to business that you can only get with someone as close as family
- What to do when family drama turns into business drama
- What to do when inlaws overstep business boundaries
- Why the family business model is losing popularity
- And a lot more