Kids these days… Am I right? No respect.
Okay, that might be a bit over the top and “Boomer” sounding, but the generational divide does seem to be at an all-time high. The role models keep get younger, and the wisdom that comes with experience keeps dropping in value.
What will the long-term ramifications be of this trend? Is there any way to correct course? What can you do as a father, and what should you be doing as a son?
These questions get explored in this week’s podcast episode, along with:
- What’s behind the “Okay Boomer” meme
- The cultural dangers of not listening to your elders
- One way our generation is screwing up BIG time
- The dangers of looking up to Silicon Valley Superstars
- How family, stories, and culture rely on each other to survive
- Why Google Search is steering us wrong in the way we research the past
- Why erasing the sins of our past is the wrong way to handle them
- How to get the most out of your relationships with older people
- One simple trick to encourage independence in your children (that also teaches them to respect you as an elder)
- And a lot more