Everyone has their areas of competence, and areas where they struggle. Even the highest performers still need help in order to reach their full potential. That’s why coaches and consultants exist.
But in the time of Instagram influencers and fake gurus, it’s hard to know who to trust.
As someone looking for a good coach, it’s almost enough to make you want to walk away. As a coach, looking for clients, it’s even more difficult.
So, as someone looking for a coach, what should you be looking out for? And as a coach looking for clients, what should you be focusing on when it comes to attracting the right kinds of clients? In this week’s podcast, we cover that and:
- When it actually makes sense to hire a coach, consultant, or trainer
- One major way dishonest coaches are killing the industry
- Why being a brand new coach doesn’t mean you can’t be honest and still get clients
- How to find your true calling if you want to be a coach
- Why so many people don’t get the results they want from their coaches
- The biggest mistake people make when hiring a coach or consultant
- Proof that motivational coaches do more harm than good
- Why knowledge isn’t the main quality to look for in a coach or consultant (and what actually is)
- How Jersey Shore ruined the coaching industry
- The truth about coaches who show of their perfect lifestyle (it’s worse than you think)
- Why you should never treat your coach like your babysitter
- What you can do for yourself to get the best out of your coach
- And a LOT more